The IELTS exam
For students preparing for the IELTS exam, scoring a high band score is a milestone they like to realize. However, hitting a target band score is not a cakewalk. It is something that can only be achieved with constant practice and sheer dedication. Undoubtedly, it can be a little hard in the beginning. Slowly and devotedly, everything will become easier. However, you first need to understand the exam pattern and craft a foolproof strategy to score well in the exam. In this article, you will get to know the latest exam pattern and some rewarding tips to achieve a target band score in the IELTS exam.
Have you made an informed decision to move abroad? Are you from a non-English speaking background? For sure, your next move is to prepare for the IELTS exam. If you are here on this page, it clearly indicates that you are surfing the Internet to find some tips or a reliable source that can help you upgrade your English skills. Well, the tips mentioned in this article can help you boost your IELTS exam preparation. However, if you need proper assistance from experts, then you can contact an illustrious platform that provides the best IELTS online classes.
The IELTS exam pattern
It is the foremost step to understand the exam pattern before commencing your exam preparation. The exam pattern can help you concentrate on making a strategy that can help you score high in the IELTS exam.
Generally, the IELTS test is categorized into two main parts – the IELTS General Training test and the IELTS Academic test. If you are going to pursue your studies in a foreign country, you need to take the IELTS Academic test. Well, if you are migrating overseas for work purposes, you need to take the IELTS General Training test.
The IELTS exam
Both of the categories are further divided into four sections- Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking. Well, both of the tests are almost the same but just differ in the level of difficulty. You can either choose to give a paper-based test(IELTS) or go for a computer-delivered test(PTE). If you still have any doubts regarding the pattern and the mode of the exam, you can contact a reputed institute that prostitutes the best IELTS/PTE online classes.
Tips to improve your IELTS band score
Here we have mentioned some fruitful tips that can help you boost your skills as well as scores in each section:
The listening section is entirely similar for Academic and General Training exams. Both the tests have the same type of questions. Well, a number of students find it strenuous to understand the accent used in audio clips. The reason behind this difficulty is the pace of speaking and the unfamiliarity of various English accents.
Tips to score 8+ bands in IELTS Listening:
- Get yourself familiarized with different English accents by watching English documentaries, movies and series.
- Try to listen to fast-track podcasts and songs to grasp things quickly.
- Do multitasking. For instance, make notes while listening to audio clips. It will boost your focusing ability and help you answer correctly while listening.
The reading section is different for the Academic and General Training exams. Reading test for the General Training exam is a bit harder than the Academic test. Therefore, you need to prepare accordingly depending upon which exam you are going to appear. Well, the criteria are the same where you will get 3 passages and you need to solve 40 questions within 60 minutes.
Tips to score 8+ bands in IELTS Reading:
- Read passages scrupulously and highlight keywords.
- Work on your vocabulary to understand some synonyms given in the passage.
- If a question is a bit tricky, re-read it again to have a proper understanding.
- Learn skimming and scanning tips to manage your time in a better way.
- Take time and practice each type of question for better results.
The two categories of the IELTS exam also differ in the Writing module. In the Academic exam, students need to write two tasks – Essay writing and Graph writing. On the other hand, students need to write a Letter and Essay in the General Training exam.
Tips to score 8+ bands in IELTS Writing:
- Practice essay and letter writing and try to explain various graphs.
- Keep a constant check on your word limit.
- Broaden your vocabulary and use a diverse range of words rather than repeating a single word ample times.
- Don’t use the question exactly in your introduction. Learn to rephrase the question.
Are you having doubts related to the Writing section? If so, you can seek help from a leading platform that provides the finest IELTS online classes.
The speaking section is the same for both the categories of the IELTS exam. The speaking section is divided into three main parts- introduction round, cue card, and general discussion round. Throughout the speaking test, the examiner analyzes your speaking skills, fluency, body gestures, grammar, and sentence framing.
Tips to score 8+ bands in IELTS Speaking:
- Practice a cue card and try to cover all the points.
- Speak in front of the mirror to boost your confidence.
- Don’t go off-topic, make sure to speak whatever is being asked by the examiner.
- Improve your grammar and vocabulary by reading newspapers, magazines, and novels.
Are you confused about whether to give a paper-based test or a computer-delivered test? If yes, you can contact a reliable platform that caters for the best IELTS/PTE online classes.
To wrap up, once you know the exam pattern and tips to ace your preparation. It will become easy for you to boost your skills in order to hit the target score in the IELTS exam.