Anything we use in our lives demands a background. We are always curious about how a particular thing came to exist. Similar is the case when it comes to a brand. As consumers, one would like to know more about a brand whose product they are using. That is where intro videos come in.
A brand’s intro video or introductory video provides more information about its origins, its motto, and ideology, what the consumers can expect from the brand, and a sneak peek into how it operates.
Intros for videos of a brand are a crucial aspect in gaining the consumer’s trust. These build connections between the brand and its consumers or clients.
In the following article, you will learn about the importance of intro videos for a brand and how to make one for your own.
Importance of Intro Video
Do you feel an urge to tell people how you have started the business and the motivation behind the brand?
The following section will convince you to make your brand’s intro video at the earliest. Here are some of the reasons why an introduction video of a brand is significant:
- An introduction video has a positive impact on the brand image. A professionally produced introduction video of a brand will help boost brand awareness among consumers.
- By uploading an introduction video of your brand, you instantly initiate a connection between your brand and its clients or consumers. Knowing the brand’s backstory will put people’s faith in your brand.
- An intro video is one of the prime elements of a brand’s video marketing campaign as it can determine customers’ loyalty. A catchy intro video is an easy way of making people remember the brand.
- An intro video can convey a plethora of information in two minutes.
- Intro videos improve the SERP (Search Engine Result Pages) performance of the brand by improving the SEO score. Incorporate the video into your website, which will translate to a higher SEO score. Your brand will appear higher on search engines like Google, which will augment its popularity.
Therefore, you must make the video content so that it highlights the uniqueness of your brand. That takes us to discuss the features of a good intro video.
What to include in Intro videos?
This is a question that brands struggle to answer at first, but the answer is simple. Just be true to yourself and get creative at telling your story. Here are the components of a brand’s intro video:
- A general introduction of your brand
- The inspiration and motivation behind your brand
- The purpose of the brand and how it is different from others
- The kind of products or services you offer
- How you will be serving your customers
There are essentially two ways to make an intro video.
- Editing a pre-existing template
Work with online templates available on various free or paid video-making software. There might be a slight difference between the features in the paid software and the free ones. However, with the right video-making skills, you can make a fascinating intro video using the free online software too. Here are some things you should keep in mind while working on a template:
- Try to make the video as interactive as possible
- In a standard software, the template will have the following:
- Workspace for editing the video
- Library with the templates
- Scenes to add various clips and scenes
- Timeline for determining the presence of the video
Pro tip: You can watch tutorial videos to familiarise yourself with these features.
- Make sure you add your logo, brand image, your brand’s uniform font, and colour to the template. These will make your brand’s intro video authentic.
- Starting from scratch
When you start making a video intro for your brand from scratch, you have the freedom to be as creative as you want. It caters to the exceptionality of the brand. When you are starting afresh, here are a few things that you must pay attention to:
- Screen effect
- Motion effect
- Prop effect
- Special effect
This gives you the chance to be innovative and make attention-grabbing intro videos for your target audience.
How to make Intro Videos?
After understanding the concept of an intro video, it is time for you to know how do you make a video intro for your brand. Here are the steps that will help you in the process:
- Step 1: Choose the right video-making and video editing software.
- Step 2: Plan your content before shooting/making the intro.
- Step 3: When you start your intro video, introduce yourself and gradually move on to the details about the product.
- Step 4: Share your motivation behind the brand and what keeps you going. This will allow the consumers to resonate with your brand’s video intro.
- Step 5: Edit the video according to your needs. Make sure to make it aesthetic and trendy. Use the right soundtrack and ensure the color coordination is in tune with the brand’s message. Don’t make the video too long or too short.
- Step 6: Add a Call to Action or CTA at the end of the video to increase consumer engagement.
Overall, intro videos are an essential part of your branding process. The steps mentioned will help you make an exciting video intro for your brand. Remember, an intro video fundamentally weaves a story. All you need to do is be original and creative.