Vastu Shastra is an ancient Indian science that aims to align human dwellings with natural forces, bringing harmony and balance into the lives of its inhabitants. One of the key aspects of Vastu Shastra is the orientation of a building, with particular attention given to the direction it faces. According to Vastu principles, an east-facing home is considered highly auspicious, as it receives the first rays of the rising sun, bringing in positive energy and abundance.
If you are planning to build or renovate a 3BHK home as per Vastu’s east-facing plan, here are some guidelines to keep in mind:
- Entrance: The house’s entrance should be in the northeast or east direction. The door should be made of high-quality wood and open clockwise. Avoid having a door directly facing the door of another house, as it can create conflict.
- Living room: The living room should be in the northeast or north direction. Avoid placing mirrors on the north wall, as they can reflect negative energy. Use light colours for the walls and furniture, as they promote positive energy flow.
- Bedrooms: The master bedroom should be in the southwest direction, while the other bedrooms can be in the northwest or southeast direction. The bed should be placed with the head towards the east or south direction. Avoid placing the bed under a beam, which can create stress and anxiety. Use light colours for the walls and curtains to create a peaceful ambience.
- Kitchen: The kitchen should be in the southeast direction, with the cooking stove placed in the east direction. The sink should be placed in the northeast or north direction. Avoid placing the cooking stove directly before the main door, as it can lead to financial loss.
- Bathrooms: Bathrooms should be situated in the northwest or southeast direction, with the toilet seat facing the north or south. Keep the bathroom clean and well-ventilated to maintain positive energy flow.
- Pooja room: The pooja room should be in the northeast direction, as it is considered the most auspicious direction. The idols or images should be placed facing east or west direction.
- Colours: Use light colours such as white, cream, light blue, and green for the walls, as they promote positive energy flow. Reframe from using dark colours like black, red, and grey, as they can create a negative atmosphere.
- Furniture: Avoid placing furniture in the centre of the room, as it can obstruct the flow of positive energy. Use wooden furniture, as it is considered auspicious.
- Lighting: Use natural light as much as possible, and avoid using too much artificial lighting. Ensure that all the rooms receive adequate sunlight.
- Plants: Place indoor plants in the northeast, north, or east direction, as they promote positive energy flow. Avoid placing plants in the south or southwest direction, as it can create a negative atmosphere.
In addition to the above guidelines, it is essential to ensure that the construction of the house is in accordance with Vastu principles. The foundation, pillars, and walls should be built at the appropriate angles and dimensions, as per Vastu norms.
If you are planning to purchase a ready-to-move-in house, ensure that it meets Vastu standards before making the final decision. You can consult a Vastu expert or a qualified architect who is familiar with Vastu principles to guide you through the process.
Planning your 3BHK home as per Vastu’s east-facing plan can bring a lot of positivity and harmony into your life. By following these guidelines, you can ensure that your home is aligned with natural forces, promoting health, wealth, and happiness.